Search This Blog

Monday 5 July 2010

Hot on the Highstreet Week 6


Topshop Clogs

Clogs are the “it shoe” of the season. After Chanel surprised the fashion world with these sturdy shoes a few catwalks ago the whole of the London fashion crowd have gone mad for them.

I have to admit this is a sore topic for me - I fell in love with the red suede Chanel clogs, very highly sought after. I was desperate to have them, and even considered getting a loan to purchase the £800 ish shoes. Reality eventually hit and I began my search for the best highstreet alternative.

It hasn't been easy. After encounters in Dune, Kurt Geiger and several other shoe shops I award Topshop the prize. Their sage sling black clogs are practical and stylish, and comfortable thanks to the effective buckle strap round the back of your heel. I picked them in black (sophisticated and versatile) although a similar pair are available in brown.

At £70 these clogs come in at less than 10 percent of the Chanel equivalent. And okay, maybe they're not quite as pretty but just think of all the other items of clothing you could buy with the £730 you save (that was my reasoning anyway).

The ultimate fashion forward item this season, are you brave enough to wear them?


Chanel Clogs

Visit Topshop website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment