Search This Blog

Monday 20 September 2010

The Coolest Liquer in Town

CHAMBORD: A five-star liqueur, made with 'black raspberries' and other bramble fruits, infused in aged cognac. Perfect for dressing up desserts or sweetening a cocktail.



I spent Tuesday night at The Inaugural Chambord Rendezvous, chinking glasses with only the most experienced of cocktail drinkers. The decadent party at London’s Cafe de Paris celebrated this stylish drink. I was invited along! Edith Bowman was there playing a DJ set and Claudia Winkleman was hosting. Canapes and luxurious Chambord cocktails were served throughout the night.

I had a special new frock for the occasion, a beautiful dark pink ‘hammered satin party dress’ from designer Rebecca Taylor at Harvey Nichols. And with my sparkly pink diamante eyelashes from Selfridges and face rhinestones on, I was ready to go. I realised ten minutes into the party that in fact my dress was the perfect Chambord dark raspberry colour, and quietly congratulated myself on this clever coincidence.

Chambord is used in more cocktails than you’d think, and despite the strong flavour it goes excellently with other fruity liqueurs and mixers. My favourite use for it is to colour other drinks, like making your own pink champagne! The cocktails made at this event were the winning recipes from competitions, my favourite was the fresh and fruity Belle Poire.

The cocktails were great but my favourite part of the evening was dancing the night away with my brilliant dance partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment