Search This Blog

Monday 15 August 2011

Hot on the Highstreet Week 64



Barbour are renowned for their farmer-chic, long lasting and beautifully made wax coated jackets, but last week, while visiting their new Covent Garden store I discovered a great accessory.

I have been searching for a suitable, elegant but casual hat recently, but having no luck finding one that I liked for less than a hundred quid. Kangol make an absolutely stunning one, but it can only be bought from America and costs a fortune. I hunted at all the festival vintage stalls, and though I did come across a few dashing burgundy and deep green trilbies, none were quite right.

Then last week, while killing time before a play, I popped in to Barbour. Upstairs, admittedly in the men’s section, was this dazzling hat, the Barbour Crushable Bushman Hat. Available in two colours – olive and black, and costing a reasonable £34.95, it was just what I had been looking for.

This hat is made from 100% wool felt and regains its shape even after folding away; hence the name. The hat does come up quite petite, I found that I liked the large best on me, which must mean I have a massive head! The hat is structured but has a summery flexibility, it is easy to wear casual or smart, for festival get-up or cocktail party. I think I will be pairing my olive green number with a maxi skirt and cropped lace top.

Buy yours here online, or visit a Barbour shop to try it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment