Search This Blog

Monday 8 August 2011

Hot on the Highstreet Week 63



The perfect summer dress for me must meet certain specifications. It must be made from natural materials, be unrestricting, and be long enough to wear without black tights. Usually a good summer dress will follow the current trends and so will only last a year - it can’t cost too much as it will go out of favour a few months later.


I found my ideal dress this year at Topshop. The Flower Crochet Insert Sundress is available in a variety of colours, including plain and patterned fabrics. I liked it best in neutral cream. It is made from 100% cotton so it is comfortable and cool, as well as being suitable for machine washing. This sundress has beautiful detailing, and is designed to flatter any figure. The central waistband is crocheted with delicate flowers and the back has a retro V shape with little buttons lining the seams. Priced at just £34, it is a real summer bargain.

I wore mine all weekend at Hop Farm Festival with ballet flats, though I think it would also look great with chunky brown heels. I’m sure it would even work in winter with tights and a cardigan. I have noticed several other fashionistas wearing this floaty little number, including trendsetter Alexa Chung, who braved wearing it in the mud at Glastonbury. And I like mine so much I’m tempted to go and get it in another colour!


Buy online at Topshop here.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely - I saw one so similar to that yesterday in the Topshop sale!!

    Eda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. My babe would look great in this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I am so happy they are opening a top shop by me soon!

    ReplyDelete