Search This Blog

Monday 27 December 2010

Hot on the Highstreet Week 31


Let’s be honest buying clothes in the winter is never quite as satisfying as in the summer season. Every item you buy is likely to get rained on and will have to be worn with hundreds of layers that will, inevitably hide the real beauty of shape, style or fit. Dresses are a particular victim of this – even at work indoors, I am unable to wear a dress without at least a thin jumper over the top.

So in order to fight the winter blues we must arm ourselves with thicker, stronger, warmer materials, and that’s where Zara’s dresses come in. Zara has never been my favourite highstreet shop, but this December I can’t deny that they have really upped the ante. Earlier this month while passing, I was stunned by their window display with at least four dresses I would happily own. Needless to say, I went in to browse properly.

There in the corner was my dress. Very simple but perfectly designed, with an elegant classic feel. I glanced quickly at the price tag before allowing myself to fall in love... £39.99! The dress has a flared skirt and little sleeves that will keep you warm while adding a stylish touch to the look. With three colour options there is a choice for every occasion; I bought the beige (shown above) but it also comes in black and red. Made from thick cotton, it has kept me warm through many cold snowy days, without needing to put anything but a coat over it. There is nothing not to love about this dress!

It was only when I started this blog post that I found Zara’s website... which I never knew existed. So now you can order all those pretty dresses online rather than trekking through London's icy streets to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment