Search This Blog

Friday 17 December 2010

The Establishment in Clapham


The Establishment is situated on Battersea Rise, near the open spaces of Clapham Common Smart. It has a stylish open plan lounge and bar and a cosy restaurant area; and in warmer temperatures the alfresco terrace can be nice too. The interior of the venue is relaxed and has a definite focus on comfortable dining and drinking: the ideal place for a catch up with friends.

The Establishment boasts an impressive drinks list, with a selection of exciting sounding cocktails. I must particularly mention the hot cocktails - I tried a Woodford Reserve Bourbon based warm concoction that was fruity and delicious and very soothing after my long cold journey to the Establishment. I would definitely recommend these hot drinks. If cocktails aren’t your thing there is also real British ale, continental lagers and a reasonable wine list on offer.

The menu is made up of contemporary and classic British dishes that are sure to cheer you up on a cold winter’s evening. I chose sirloin steak that arrived with a dollop of garlic butter, and chunky yet crispy chips; it was delicious. Judging from the silence that fell around the table, I think my friends enjoyed their food too. The ingredients tasted extra fresh; I later found out they are all specially delivered by the chef, Scott Tillott.

The service was rather slow, luckily the conversation was good enough to distract my tummy from rumbling too much. The Establishment isn’t cheap, and you might find better value for money elsewhere, but if you want a satisfying yummy meal in a nice environment then it’s a good bet. For pudding I had the chocolate fondant with poached pears and vanilla ice-cream – a lovely combination of flavours and a perfect end to the meal.

Find out more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment