Search This Blog

Monday 11 October 2010

Hot on the Highstreet Week 20



‘The thrill of receiving a little blue Astley Clarke jewellery box through the post cannot be equalled.’ VOGUE.

Astley Clarke is a successful internet jeweller that sells other designer’s jewellery as well as its own. They are an online company, so not technically ‘highstreet’, but do have a showroom, and some of their prices definitely qualify for highstreet. They are very easy to order from and offer a selection that covers every present eventuality.

Being the sentimental person that I am, I adore engraved jewellery... that's what first drew me to Astley Clarke - they boast a customised hand engraving service. Those of you who know me well, know that one of my favourite pieces of jewellery, and definitely my most often worn, is the silver ring I received from my parents on my 18th birthday. On the outside is engraved: ‘je vois la vie en rose’ (loosely translated as ‘I see the world through rose-tinted glasses'), on the inside is a personal birthday message and the date it was given to me. Precious to me, and unique, I wouldn’t be seen without it.

Astley Clarke's engraving is done in central London, and is currently available for six AC Silhouettes pieces, allowing one the freedom to personalise with initials, small messages or a line from a favourite poem or song lyric. It costs £8 per letter, or £15 a word (maximum 10 characters).

Buy something special online now, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment