Search This Blog

Friday 18 June 2010

China Town's New World Restaurant


I have been going to New World since I was a child and I think it is the best Yum Cha experience in London's Chinatown.

The novelty of the trolley service never wears off, and the huge choice of dishes always excites me - even though I can be reluctant to trying new things. The restaurant is always heaving, and yet they always seem able to find you a table. I would recommend sitting downstairs where they seem more efficient. Upstairs is a little strange with annoying Chinese pop playing on TV screens everywhere.

Service can be rather lacklustre at New World (especially when the waitresses stop in their tracks to watch the pop music!) but this is pardonable because the food is so good. I particularly love the crispy chicken and pork fried wontons and the delicious jasmine tea that they bring you on arrival.

Not the best place for vegetarians - in fact we couldn't spot one veggie dish on the trolleys - not even their usual yummy broccoli was available, so my poor friend had rather an unexciting meal of egg fried rice.

Overall though New World is a fun, exotic experience and a good feed, and I always enjoy my visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment