Search This Blog

Monday 12 December 2011

Hot on the Highstreet Week 81 - Hermes in Harrods Pop-up




I began collecting Hermes twilly scarves a few years ago when I spotted a second hand yellow one glinting in the Notting Hill vintage shop window… I gathered up a bag of my old clothes to take in and swap for the beautiful scarf I had fallen in love with. Two years later and my growing collection includes a beautiful black twilly from my trip to New York, a sophisticated white twilly from the Hermes shop at Nice airport and a few others - each acts as a memento of a particular place or time. I love them all, and wear them regularly: in my hair, on my wrist or round my bag.

When I heard that Hermes were holding a pop-up shop in Harrods over the Christmas period, I was there in a flash. The pop-up honours twenty years of Hermes at Harrods and celebrates the brand’s most iconic accessory – the silk scarf. In one corner of the busy shop a colourful demonstration is set up. A beautiful display shows many of this seasons designs, including the new, exclusive to Harrods, ‘H’ scarf. Stylists are on hand to demonstrate the multiple uses of these versatile scarves, illustrating the endless styling possibilities. Women and men swarmed to the pop-up when I visited last Friday each decorated in gloriously coloured silk, turbans on their heads, scarves round their necks - it was a sight to behold.

After receiving an exotic scarf makeover myself (see the photo above), I had my photo taken by the photographer for the Hermes website and was given an orange bag with a few goodies to take away. This included a pack of the knotting cards explaining how to get the most out of your Hermes scarf with all the different ways of knotting, plaiting, twisting and tying to create numerous fabulous styles and looks.

I’ve already tried a few of the new styles and love the results. While I am still coming to terms with my new tangerine blonde hair, my twilly scarves are the perfect hair distraction.

Hermès Pop Up Scarf Boutique at Harrods

Harrods Room of Luxury II,

Ground Floor


Dec 5 2011 – Jan 2 2012


Stylists on hand every Wednesday and Friday afternoon


No comments:

Post a Comment