Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Pineapple dance classes


It can be a real struggle getting into an exercise routine. Let’s be honest, if you had the choice between a cinema outing or going to the gym... the film is likely to win. In London, there are so many things to experience and explore, for me exercise always gets pushed to the bottom of the list. Every morning I have to be at work at 8.30 am so pre-work work-outs don’t ever happen.

Pineapple Dance Studios could change all that. I started going a while back with a friend who, like me, also felt she needed more exercise. Pineapple, located in the heart of Covent Garden is cheap and easy to get involved in. With classes all day, every day (seven days a week) you can go whenever. I usually go straight after work, as weekend classes can be overcrowded.

Pineapple cover every genre of dance and more and this is what initially interested me. Aside from all the standard classes: ballet, jazz and tap, Pineapple offer many others that combine styles, sometimes the teachers even invent their own. My friend and I vowed to try all the wackiest of classes from Bollywood to Breakdance and Salsa to Street. They even have a Michael Jackson dance class for those MJ fans.

I recently tried the Brazilian Zouk, hard work but hilarious. The class involved lots of bum shaking and hair swishing, neither of which I was very good at. I left the class feeling a bit dizzy, but massively exhilarated by the new experience. I have since tried Fusion Yoga which I would recommend to anyone – a fun class with a very motivational instructor.

Take a look at the timetable and prices here, and start your exercise routine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment