Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 May 2010

Is Kate still cool?

Kate modelling in her newest Topshop range



Kate Moss has been in the public eye more than any other, primarily as a model, but now as a designer too. She continues to hold iconic status, but does she still deserve to be the centre of our attention?


May marks the introduction of her latest Topshop range - S/S '10. The collection harks back to the 1970s with a strong vintage vibe. Floral shirts and floaty maxi dresses dominate the range. Supposedly everything you need to look and feel like Kate Moss.


I went to check out the new Moss garments in Knightsbridge's very own Topshop store last week. I was disappointed (and thank God I was, I cannot afford any more clothes!) Nearly everything is made from synthetic materials - quite unpleasant for summer attire. I picked a few dresses to try on - although there weren't many under £80, and most were over £100, ridiculous considering the quality of the material.


The dresses failed to impress in the changing room too - they clung to my skin and were completely unflattering. Realisation hit - I would not be walking out of Topshop looking like Kate Moss today.


Kate Moss holds a lot of power with her name and image - it's a shame if young girls waste their money on this collection, it certainly isn't worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment