Search This Blog

Monday 31 May 2010

Fashion Fixes

My bank holiday weekend was all about fashion - SATC2, Alexander McQueen sample sale and the Grace Kelly exhibition at the V&A.



The wait was finally over on Friday when the second Sex and the City film came to cinemas across London. I was lucky enough to have a complimentary ticket from a friend who won a set of 4 tickets in a competition. The cinema was filled with giggly excited girls, there was not a man in sight, which is exactly as it should be.

The film was slow moving and not as memorable as the first. However I still loved it, as I'm sure any true SATC fan would. The friendship, the fashion and the fun were all there in abundance which is what this foursome are all about.




My cousin, model Lily Donaldson wearing a McQueen creation.



The great Alexander (Lee) McQueen will be remembered for his genius, wacky creations, often impractical but always beautiful. My talented friend, Elena, worked with him and continues to work for the label, see her blog here: http://www.elenarosecrehan.blogspot.com/. She invited me to the sample sale so that I could pick up my own little piece of McQueen. It wasn't as busy as I expected, but I did hear that Daisy Lowe had been there for most of the day before. It was a treasure trove of fashion, I tried on many wonderful items and eventually came out with an amazing scarf and t-shirt.



Grace Kelly really was royalty, even before she became a princess. The V&A is currently showing a range of her outfits in their exhibition, Grace Kelly: Style Icon. The small but compact show has clothes from throughout her life and also displays a few interesting film clips of her. This is an exhibition for a fashionista, there is little information about her work, just about the designers she wore, which I was a little disappointed about. You can also see her hats, sunglasses and magical jewellery, as well as some of the original film posters. If you manage to get a ticket, go and see Princess Grace, I guarantee you'll turn green with envy at the sight of her wardrobe!



One of the more extravagant Grace Kelly dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment