Search This Blog

Monday 14 March 2011

Hot on the Highstreet Week 42


The desperate need to save for my New York trip later this month means absolutely NO clothes purchases - much better to scrimp now so that I can afford to buy myself a few special souvenirs of the Big Apple. This plan would be a great deal easier if Whistles had not brought out their best collection yet; several pieces are taunting me with their undeniable allure.

Cheerful, bright-coloured outfits are livening up the whole highstreet, with Whistles leading the pack. Their most recent collection is full of distinctive statement pieces glowing with eye catching tints. Of the lot, my favourite piece has to be the beautiful neon coral pleated Carrie skirt. I went to try this on last week, and can assure you that in the flesh the hue is quite divine, and I’m sure would look super glamourous with a glowing tan. It is priced at £95, but look out for discount offers in magazines (Glamour recently had a 20% off voucher!)

I fell in love instantly and, when I discovered they didn’t have it in my size, immediately pleaded with them to phone and check every other London branch. It turned out that nowhere had the size 10, perhaps a blessing in disguise, but heartbreaking. I tried to manipulate the 12 into working on my figure, but this is a skirt that needs to be on the waist, so it’s no good getting a size that hopelessly falls down – as it just won’t flatter your figure.

Aside from the fluoro skirt, I always adore the silk shirts in Whistles and this season is no exception. The slim 70s blouse comes in a bubbly pink and a fresh turquoise (that miraculously manages to avoid looking like a uniform shirt). This is a slim-fitting, sand-washed top that is so soft to wear and beautifully tailored, also costing £95.

Whistles is the upper end of highstreet along with Reiss, and I try to wait till the sales to buy their clothes, but if you want one piece to take you through the summer this is the shop to visit.

Look at Whistles website here.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say that the skirt looks divine :) I love the color and the name.I hope you'll find it in your size.
    Dora

    http://adropofindigo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment =) That skirt is lovely, such a pretty colour. It's so annoying that you can't get it in your size though =(
    I would love it if you could vote for me (xRebelAngelx) as British Style Blogger of the month please! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute outfit :)

    The Flower Girl

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice...I hate saving money and having to decrease my shopping money...hahah it is sooo hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that pink skirt! Definitely have to investigate Whistles further. Thanks for sharing :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh goodness this skirt really is lovely so that's great that you found a sale.

    ReplyDelete