Search This Blog

Monday 30 May 2011

Hot on the Highstreet Week 53





Work clothes are hard enough to get right in winter... finding a suitably smart and cool outfit for summer is even tougher. However I have done a bit of market research and have found the perfect, comfortable, summery, office-friendly skirt from Zara.

Zara has really excelled this season, bringing us a wide variety of fashion forward, affordable clothes. Walking into the shop, it is like a rainbow, bright garments pop out at you from every corner. Brilliant neon tailored jackets, vivid patterned silk dresses and colourful blouses and shirts, all ideal for summer days in the office.

This mini skirt comes in four fun colours: lemon yellow, green, fushia pink and orange. It has convenient pockets on either side, and is made from 48% cotton and 52% nylon, which gives the skirt a comfortable stretch. The shape and design is quite plain, with a slight flare that gives the piece a real 60s vibe. Zara’s clothes come in a simple size system, XS (6-8), S(8-10), M(10-12), L(12-14); I have found from experience that the sizes come up quite small. Smart clothes can be expensive, but at £29.99 this skirt doesn’t break the bank.

The worst thing about work clothes is the necessity to dry clean, which adds endless cost onto an item of clothing you wear a lot. I find that I try to avoid wearing delicate dry clean only clothes because I can’t afford the cleaning bills! This Zara skirt is suitable for machine wash at 30 degrees, so shouldn’t cause any problems being washed normally.

I bought the pink and wore it so much, I went back to get it in green too. I love both and feel so relieved to have a comfortable skirt that I actually like the look and feel of for work. It works particularly well with a plain white shirt, or silk top and can be worn with or without tights. I also sometimes wear my pink one with a bright orange cropped jacket for the ultimate colour clash outfit.

Visit Zara website here.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the Zara colors for this season :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirts look cute and comfortable. I like the fact that they also look like they could be easily dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete