Search This Blog

Monday 4 April 2011

Hot on the Highstreet Week 45

WOLFORD - £33

M&S - £9.50

Wolford tights are my everyday luxury. Working in an office means I need to look smart on a daily basis, though comfort is also essential. I’m really not a trousers kinda girl, I never even wear jeans, and so good tights really are a necessity. A few years ago I found Wolford’s Velvet de Luxe and have never looked back: silky and smooth, uber comfortable, these tights are heaven on your legs, and lasting a year or so, are worth every penny of the £18 pricetag.

Aside from their standard collection, Wolford bring us amazing luxury and pattern tights every season. These beautiful leg adornments sadly come at a higher cost, some even reach £50... for a pair of tights! Celebrity girls are regularly seen sporting the latest design and often Wolford sell out almost instantly if a pair has been caught on some famous pins. Cheryl Cole has recently been seen in the striking ‘hero’ tights that have a cool bondage style pattern.

For my last birthday, my super trendy grandfather bought me a pair of the hero tights... he has a sixth sense about fashion. They are beautifully made, cunningly interwoven ribbons create an incredible pattern that slashes diagonally across your legs - unique and flattering to natural curves. The tights come in two colourways: nude and black, or black and black. I received the nude variety which are more eccentric and incidentally now completely sold out; they are priced at £33. I wore them first for my exciting lunch at DINNER, and they certainly wow-ed everyone around me, but they laddered within half a day of wearing them. I was absolutely furious with myself but also upset with Wolford’s unreliability.

So I’m afraid now I’m going to be a bit treacherous, and tell you about an impressive cheaper alternative to Wolford. M&S are currently excelling with their wide range of exciting tights. The Autograph Sheer Bandage tights are very similar to Wolford’s ‘hero’ pair, and at £9.50 are less than a third of the price. There are some other brilliant designs to see in their newest collection too, including the white lace pair that I have included a photo of above. At least if the M&S ones snag it isn’t £30 down the drain.

6 comments:

  1. that was interesting - thanks! Will wait for next visit to UK and go to M&S though I think! K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute and cool! totally want some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these tights, and I love how in fashion they are at the moment. They can totally change an outfit.
    Sami xx
    highstreethub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog and I love it...how amazing are these tights...I wonder if it will make your bum look as good as the models??(wishful thinking) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much better Bandage tights available from New Look.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete