Search This Blog

Saturday 31 December 2011

Daniel Hersheson salon, Conduit Street





When I think of Daniel Hersheson I think of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, the stunning model with gorgeous hair pictured in many of the adverts for this fabulous salon. Hairdresser extraordinaire, Daniel Hersheson has gained epic success thanks to his talent and entrepreneurial spirit. The Daniel Hersheson brand has become very highly regarded with salons in Conduit Street and Harvey Nichols, and several additional blow dry bars.

Feeling very insecure about the shade of my newly blonde hair, I went along to try out the smart Conduit Street branch for a luxurious colour makeover and blow dry. It was a beautifully sunny, crisp December morning as I walked along Bond Street, I was hugely excited to be visiting this famous hairdresser’s boudoir. It was the day of my Christmas party and so the pressure was on for my stylists to create a suitably pretty hairstyle and colour. Understanding my dilemma about the yellowy tint to my blonde hair, my lovely stylist talked through a few options. I had brought along a photo of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and asked her to recreate a similar honey hue for me.

To start, my hair was covered with a dark blonde semi permanent colour all over. This was washed out after twenty minutes and my stylist used a new highlighting technique to add a natural glint into my hair. Balayage (from the French meaning 'to sweep') is a revolutionary new method, abandoning traditional foils in favour of simply painting colour onto the hair, resulting in less noticeable regrowth and a more subtle result. The secret success of Balayage comes from fading in the colour at the root, making it heavier through the lengths and then saturating the ends, if you haven’t tried it, I can highly recommend it.

The blow dry was the best bit… each stylist has a young helper who stands beside them handing out the utensils and assisting, I felt very special being pampered by two stylists at once! After flicking through some magazines, and spotting a particularly lovely fashion shoot with none other than Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, I decided to go for a sixties look, with big luscious curls framing my face. The styling was gloriously glamorous - I walked out feeling so dazzling I’m sure I had noticeable bounce in my step.

Daniel Hersheson is a divine salon where the hairdressers are true artists. As I had my hair dried, I sat next to Daniel who was immaculately cutting a client's hair, it was amazing to watch. It became clear that his salons have become renowned not just because of his talent but because of his drive and expertise.

Visit the Daniel Hersheson website to book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment