Search This Blog

Sunday 18 December 2011

Bliss Spa, South Kensington

Many girls have recommended Bliss Spa to me… and when I mentioned I was visiting this Luxury London spa to the girls at work a variety of oohs and ahhs followed, “what are you getting?” they cried.

Working in a new office in South Kensington, Bliss Spa is just a 5 minute walk from the tube station, sitting amongst the gorgeously smart shops like Paul Smith. I was glad to go inside away from the dark cold streets, and into the glowing winter wonderland inside, smiling faces greeted me at the door. I was accompanied downstairs to the lavish changing area where I wrapped up in the softest white gown. Through another series of doors and I found myself in a room with fruit and chocolate brownie treats, a quick complimentary snack before the pampering begins.

I tried the Post-Party Perk Up (30 mins £60.00) intended as a revitalizing quick facial to perk up tired, party pooped skin. The treatment includes a hydrating, skin-reviving facial and eye treatment. After a brief consultation with my informative beautician, she began rubbing various different lotions and potions into my appreciative face. Everything smelt and felt delicious with the addition of feeling beneficial to my weary skin and eyes. The mask was the most exciting: gel pads were placed underneath my eyes, and a thick gloopy mud mask slathered all over my face, neck and even my eyes, I felt like I was being mummified. When the mask was gently peeled away my skin felt like it had a new lease of life, and has remained silky soft even days later. I pleaded in my head for the facial not to end, but after a heavenly 30 minutes I had to face the world, luckily with a glossy new face.

Oprah Winfrey called Bliss the best facial she’s ever had, and now I know why. Your skin will thank you for a blissful treatment from this spa. I left debating how I could raise the money to go back and treat myself to the full blown Bliss facial, perhaps a Christmas present to myself?

Visit the Bliss website here, or call 0207 590 6146 to book an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment