Search This Blog

Monday 25 October 2010

Hot on the Highstreet Week 22


This shirt is haunting me... I first saw it online when I was browsing through the Whistles website, then I spotted it amongst the goodies at Harvey Nichols. Yesterday I noticed it in ELLE magazine, it is begging me to buy it and I am finding it increasingly hard to resist.

WHISTLES has recently made its way onto my highstreet radar, firstly because of its dynamite designer collaboration with Roksanda Ilincic, and secondly because it is slightly more affordable than all the super bucks designer shops near me at work (for lunchtime shopping). Oh and did I mention they currently have a mid-season sale on?

Enter this sassy little number: The Lightning Bolt Silk Shirt. Priced at £95. This beautiful garment is tailored to perfection with epaulettes on the shoulders, two front pockets and one box pleat on the back below the yoke. I sneakily tried it on over my dress the other day, and found that it would look great open over a dress, or buttoned up with a skirt (see image above) for a smarter look. The only problem is with handwash silk clothes dry cleaning tends to be necessary, which adds a regular wearing tax onto the price... something worth thinking about. But then again silk is so pretty, and so very soft.

I really want it, so if anyone feels like buying it for me...click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment