Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 August 2010

Cocktails at Vanilla





Vanilla is a venue that offers an intimate environment with a carefree ambience, a rare combination for a bar in London’s West End.

Vanilla is hidden at the end of Great Titchfield Street in Marylebone and serves as both a restaurant and lounge. They offer a mouth-watering range of food and drinks. The kitchen, run by head chef Halim Merrir offers an exciting eclectic menu that promises to be both delicious and original in taste. I am yet to try Vanilla’s food but shall definitely be returning to do so soon – the photos on the website are too tempting.

The interior is slick and cool all in white. A clean and comfortable space with a touch of divine luxury, all very Sex and the City. I went on a Friday night with some good friends and was surprised to see it less than half full. Those who were enjoying Vanilla had a smug aura about them, as if they were in on one of London’s best kept secrets. As I sat sipping my drink I began to feel the same.

Cocktails are a must in Vanilla, made by expert mixer, Tristan Lobb. Not only were the classics supreme (my friends drank Mojitos and Cosmos) but Tristan even made us our own individual unique cocktails, invented from scratch after hearing my rather complicated preferences. If we had stayed longer I would have happily tried every cocktail on the menu.

http://www.vanillalondon.co.uk/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment